Don’t Order While Distracted

Yesterday was supposed to start with a four-mile run. At about what would have been halfway, however, I started weighing my options. I wasn’t really feeling the run. It was my last day home. I really just wanted to spend time with my family.

It soon became clear to me that doing the entire four miles simply wasn’t worth it to me, so I changed my route and cut the run off at 3.15 miles. Honestly, I felt fine about it.

I knew we had plans to go out for brunch later on in the morning, so I just gave myself a little post-run fuel with about 3/4 cup of two mixed cereals with some 1% milk.

I brought it outside for some pretty pictures.

A couple of hours later, we went to brunch at a restaurant called Rosie’s, in New Canaan, CT. I was kind of distracted and upset (I really didn’t want to leave already), so I hardly paid attention to the menu or to what I was ordering.

So, while my family got lovely, fairly light meals such as pancakes…

and eggs and toast…

I ended up with this monstrosity:

Huevos Rancheros, which I would never order and which was ridiculously heavy and huge. I honestly don’t know what was going through my head.

I ended up eating.. oh, I don’t know, a quarter of it? It was too much for even my dad to help me with. Oh, well.

I also got a (very large) cup of coffee…

…and a ginger scone to go.

I ate the scone later on the plane ride home. I forgot to take a picture of it, which is a shame because that ginger scone is one of my all-time favorite foods.

Yesterday wasn’t my best day. I was feeling particularly upset about the short length of my trip and I ended up feeling fairly weepy for much of the morning and early afternoon. Thankfully, my dad helped me out of my funk when he suggested that he and I take the dogs on a walk.

We only ended up taking Thatcher because Sawyer suddenly goes haywire when on a leash. Hearing him howl as we left without him was heartbreaking!

My dad, Thatcher and I walked a little over a mile, to a nearby cemetery and back.

It’s funny that a cemetery got me out of my funk, but it did. Thank goodness.

I kind of grazed here and there on (mostly junk) food until it was time to go… and “time to go” came all too soon. Before I knew it, my dad and I were on the way to the airport.

I got a sandwich at a deli in the terminal. It was turkey, cheddar, lettuce and tomato on a multi-grain roll. It was supposed to have honey mustard (I actually built the sandwich around this condiment!), but they somehow forgot to add it and I didn’t open the sandwich until I was on the plane.

Lame. Sorry for the dark/ fuzzy picture.

Annnnnd now I’m in LA.

10K Training Day Fourteen

3.15 mi run outdoors, 40 min + 5 min cool down


Leave a comment

Filed under Blog Posts

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s