Hey guys, guess what?!?
I’ve been awarded my very first blog award! It’s called The Versatile Blogger Award. 🙂
This is very exciting. No need to focus on the fact that it came from a friend, Alexis, because the way more important part is that she is a fellow blogger (Dear Future Hubby) and a pretty awesome one at that. More on her blog in a moment… because first I have to tell you about the award.
Basically, the point of the award is to spread the word about blogs that you just don’t know you love yet and also to make you love me even more (as if that’s possible). So, I not only get to introduce you to seven fantastic bloggers, but I also get to make the post even more fun by sharing seven things about myself that you probably don’t know yet.
…Unless you’ve been stalking me. Which is cool, as long as you’re not planning on doing anything creepy about it.
So, first up, seven things you didn’t know before. Probably.
- I know I just told you that I was in an a cappella group in college, but I didn’t tell you what my favorite solo was! I was the lucky soloist of Jamiroquai’s “Virtual Insanity” (no, that’s not a link to me singing it, just to the original song), and I love, love, loved it. I sort of like being the center of attention sometimes. Oh, wait! Let’s make that number two, in a sense.
- I was a Theater major, originally, until I realized I wasn’t a very good actress. So, then I started directing theater (another thing I recently revealed to you), where I just got to boss people around instead. You know, those who can’t do, teach. Plus, I’m an oldest child, so being bossy comes naturally to me. Hey, look! Two revelations in one.
- I was always a year younger than most people in my grade at school – usually the youngest, or at least close to it. This is not because I skipped a grade or anything (so hold your smartypants comments), but because I think my parents were just absolutely desperate to get rid of me as soon as humanly possible. Just kidding, Mom and Dad…. mostly.
- I went to a seven-week summer camp most summers of my childhood. Actually, if I count my years as a counselor in training and a counselor, I spent seven summers there. The childhood summers that were not spent at summer camp were generally spent at my grandparents’ house. Why, you ask? See point #3. 😉
- I actually consider my grandparents to be two of my best friends. Whenever I hang up with my grandma and other people have heard the end of my conversation with her only to hear me end with “Love you, Grandma, bye,” the general response is: “You were talking to your grandmother?! I thought you were talking to a friend!” I love that.
- I’m pretty sure my strongest sense is smell. I so often smell things that take me instantly to another time, place, or experience. Some I know instantly. The scents of moth balls, summer rain, campfire… and a thousand others – those take me to camp. The scents of a certain soap that my grandfather uses, the laundry detergent my grandparents use, chlorine, any rose-scented beauty product – obviously, those take me instantly to my grandparents’ house. Cheap beer? College. 😉
- Oh man, I’m at seven, already? I thought this was going to be difficult, but then I just started typing and it all just spilled out. See point #2. 🙂 Well, I’ll end with a simple one. Seven is one of my favorite numbers. I have three others. I know, that’s weird.
And now, for seven bloggers onto whom I’d like to pass the award!
- Dear Future Hubby. I know she already got this award, but this is a blog that I really think you should check out, so I’m giving it to her again (TWSS). Basically, Alexis writes about her search for the future love of her life by writing open letters to him, detailing what he should and should not do if he wants to be the lucky one to land her. She is simultaneously funny, thoughtful, and articulate about a lot of things we’d all like to say to guys.
- Peas and Thank You. I know I write about her all the time, but you definitely have to check Sarah’s blog out. She details her life, which is essentially vegan but is purposefully not boxed into any title, with two children and a husband. She is one of my role models and she is also absolutely hilarious.
- StyleFyles. Mary is a friend of mine who started this fashion blog awhile ago – long before I started a blog! She also is probably the most deserving of the term “versatile blogger,” as she not only writes about fashion but also posts about food (she is an incredible baker) and about little tidbits of her life (she is also a fantastic writer). It makes for a good read!
- Food Makes Fun Fuel. This is a blog I have only recently added to my roster, and I’m only sad it took me so long to come across it. Evan is in college, is very funny, and is a guy in a healthy living blogging world made mostly of girls. He also comes up with really creative recipes that I would never think of on my own! Dessert Hummus? Exactly.
- I Just Can’t Help Myself. I love this blog. Rachel is outspoken and proud of it. She has a bunch of life rules and recently made one of her rules to be about “owning” what you do and who you are, and I loved that. She is part writer, part comedian, part former sorority girl, and part healthy living blogger. Check her out. She’s someone whose career you’re going to want to follow. I think this is really only the beginning for her.
- Joy The Baker. This is a blog I read when I want to make something delicious and decadent. This girl can bake. Check her blog out for both her amazing recipes and her witty writing.
- The Inner Workings of a College Graduate. This is another blog that I reference all the time, but I still want to mention her in my seven blogs, as it’s is the first blog I fell in love with, is still the one I save for last, and – perhaps most importantly – she is the blogger that inspired me to start running.
Enjoy! You all have a lot of blogs to check out now. 🙂