For a party with only six people, we sure had a lot of cookies.
We also, you know, had a veggie platter and some cheese and crackers to round everything out. 😉
But let me back up for a moment. My apartment has never looked so pretty, both clean and decorated for the holidays, so I just want to show it off for a moment.
And here’s Douglas, all dressed up for the holidays.
What a show-off.
Anyway, Melissa came first, and Mark and I had such a nice time getting to know her better. She is seriously such a sweetheart. Soon after, Katherine, Amanda and Andy joined. The party had begun! Naturally, the first thing we had to do was take pictures. 😉
Here’s a list of the cookie offerings:
- Orange Dark Chocolate Chip Cookies (made by Mark – recipe coming soon)
- S’mores Cookies (made by Mark – recipe coming soon)
- Mint Chocolate Chip Dough Balls (made by me, simply adding mint chips to Diana’s Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Balls recipe)
- Almond Cinnamon Cookies (made by me – recipe coming soon)
- Peppermint Oreo Bark (made by Melissa)
- Lemon & Strawberry Whipper Snappers (made by Melissa)
- Peanut Butter Cookies (made by Katherine)
- Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies (made by Andy and Amanda)
Not to play favorites or anything, but I was kind of in love with Melissa’s Peppermint Oreo Bark.
However, I can safely say (after trying at least a part of every single kind of cookie – yes, seriously, although some of those taste tests were done the night before) that all of the cookies were amazing. It’s so great doing a food event with other food bloggers because everybody knows what they’re doing in the kitchen!
A sneak peak at the cookies Mark and I made (with recipes to come)…
Orange Dark Chocolate Chip Cookies:
Almond Cinnamon Cookies:
And Mint Chocolate Chip Dough Balls (though there will be no recipe for these on KWH… just visit Diana’s recipe):
There was lots of chatting and laughter to be had for hours.
(I swear I was happier than I look…)
One of the funniest moments of the evening is when Mark (the designated photographer) was taking pictures of everyone and got behind the tree to get the best angle. Melissa caught him doing this on her camera, so this is his picture of her taking a picture of him (did you catch that?) You can even see the tree in the foreground.
It’s like he’s a blogger in the making…
Group picture time!
My favorite thing about blogging is the amazing friends that come with it. 🙂