Annnnnd I’m back! Happy new year, everyone! I can’t believe it’s 2011.
I took almost a week off from blogging, which was both weird and wonderful. Being unplugged wasn’t really planned, but it happened simply because I was spending my time with family and friends and not in front of a computer, where I am for most of the year. But I’m back now!
I have lots to tell you about, between a trip into NYC and a trip to upstate NY for New Year’s Eve, but right now I kind of want to take a look back at 2010. That seems appropriate, right?
– I got my first steady job (as in, a job without a previously confirmed end date).
– I started running, which was something I never thought I’d be able to do. And, within this accomplishment, I also completed four races.
There were three 5Ks, starting with a Mud Run in March,
then a Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving,
and a Christmas Run on my birthday in December.
Oh, and and there was also that 10K in September, which might be my favorite accomplishment of 2010. 🙂
– I traveled quite a bit.
I visited Las Vegas,
and New York.
– I lost one roommate to the UK…
… but gained another.
– I was reminded of how important my family is to me and of how much I love them.
– I realized that, despite my fierce loyalty to the east coast, I’m also allowed to love living in LA. And I do… finally.
– Perhaps most life-changing was that I started this blog and found new passions in doing so…
Like being a part of an amazing community,
cooking new things,
discovering an even greater love for food and fitness than I already had,
traveling to new places,
making new friends,
and rediscovering my love for writing… amongst so many other things.
At the beginning of the year, I dubbed 2010 the “year of change.” I was definitely right!
What were some of your biggest life changes in 2010?