I used my Crock Pot! Woohoo! Cross that one off the New Year’s Resolution list. Well, at least note that I started the process.
It was so easy. I need to do this more often.
It helped that I didn’t have to touch the raw meat. Thank you, Trader Joe’s.
Not pictured: salt & pepper.
Slow Cooker Beef Stew
makes about 6 servings
- 32 oz beef broth
- 1 container Premium Steak Tips (sorry, I did not catch how many ounces there were – I think there were about 10 oz)
- 4 carrots, chopped
- 1 bunch celery, chopped
- 9 mini potatoes, chopped (I used 3 russet, 3 red, 3 purple)
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 1/2 bag broccoli florets (so, half of what’s pictured above)
- 2 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 bay leaf
- ~ 1 tsp everyday seasoning (though, really, I couldn’t tell the difference)
- salt & pepper to taste
- parmesan to garnish (if you’re like me)
Chop up all ingredients.
Throw them all in a pot and, if you have room, stir. If you don’t have room (I didn’t), wait until it’s all cooked down a little bit.
Set to “Low” and cook for 6-8 hours.
That’s it, yo!
Top it with parmesan, if you want, and you’re good to go.
It heats very well as leftovers, too. I’d know. Trust me. I ate it allll last week.