1. If you could be one bird, what would it be?
A hummingbird! When I was a little girl, I spent some of my early summers at my grandparents’ house in West Virginia. During those summers, I used to love watching the hummingbirds coming to the feeders on the back porch . It’s actually one of my fondest childhood memories.
Also, I think I actually would be a hummingbird. They’re so busy and buzzing all the time, always off to the next thing… just like me!
2. PB or chocolate on a desert island? You can’t have both.
As much as I love chocolate, I couldn’t choose it. Firstly, it gives me a stomachache (I know. Terrible.). Secondly, I just can’t make as many arguments for it. Peanut butter serves as a protein source and as a healthy fat. It could serve as a main course in a meal if it had to. So, really, no contest.
3. Mountain or ocean? You still can’t have both. haha!
Mountain, hands down. I’m not actually a huge fan of the ocean. I do, however, love lakes… and I’m assuming I get both the lake and the mountain here!
Once I got to be a little older (about 10), I spent my summers at a camp with the most stunning view of the mountains over a lake. It remains the most beautiful place in the world to me.
4. If you could live in a different era, which one would it be?
I love this question! I have so many different answers. I think I’d really love the 60s. I love the clothes and I find the politics/ history really compelling.
Look at that. I managed to come across as both superficial and intelligent in once sentence.
5. What president, dead or not, would you like to have lunch with?
Obama. No time like the present.
6. What is your favorite book of all time?
It’s a seven-way tie between all of the Harry Potter books. Actually, it isn’t — I definitely have books in the series that I love more than others. However, it’s the series as a whole that I cherish and return to almost yearly. I can’t help it.
7. You win the lotto, who do you call first?
Ooh, tough one. I’d normally say my mom, but I’m pretty sure Will, one of my best friends, would have gone into it halfway with me… so I guess I’d have to call him!
8. What is your favorite sport to watch on TV? To watch live?
None. Unless we’re counting the football portrayed on Friday Night Lights.
9. What was your favorite cartoon to watch growing up?
I didn’t watch cartoons, really! So I’ll tell you what my favorite childhood movie was, which I watched over and over and over: Peter Pan with Mary Martin.
10. How long have you been best friends with your best friend?
I have a few best friends, which makes this a little tough…
Will, my best friend who lives back on the east coast, has been one of my best friends since I was a senior in college, but we were friends starting my freshman year.
Mark, my roommate, has been one of my best friends also since I was a senior in college — and we were best friends just about immediately.
Lauren, one of the best friends I’ve made since moving to California, has been one of my best friends since we worked together at one of my old jobs — so, for about two years now, I think?
And Tara, whom I don’t speak to all that often but will always count as one of my best friends, is also my oldest friend — we’ve been close since second grade but haven’t actually gone to the same school or lived in the same town since 7th grade. And now we even live on two different continents!
11. What is your favorite comic from the Sunday paper? Come on…I know you still read it!
I don’t. 😦 Sorry! What a lame way for me to end.
Good thing there’s another set!
1. Would you change anything about your high school experience?
Hmm… I’d give myself more confidence. I was awesome. I just didn’t know it yet.
2. What was your first car?
A black Jeep Grand Cherokee. RIP, even though it tried to kill me.
(That’s not mine, it just looks like the one I had.)
3. Did you have a secret hiding place when you were a kid?
Nope! I’ve always preferred being around other people. Pretty sure my parents hid from me, though…
4. Do you know any other languages? Do you wish you could speak any others?
I’m conversational in French, though it’s been a while. I’d really like to refresh myself and then become fluent. I’d also like to learn Spanish (so important now that I’m living in LA!) and Italian (since I’m half Italian).
5. Name the top five things on your bucket list.
- Get married
- Have children
- Achieve success and happiness in my career
- Get to a fighting weight and stay there
- Become a regular runner without injuries
I’m simple, but those are probably the top five goals I have in my life right now.
6. Ever have 15 minutes of fame?
Hmm… nope. Not that I know of. This blog is the closest I think I have to that. Totally fine by me.
7. If you could excel at something you currently don’t, what would it be?
I wish I was a better dancer. I’m totally awkward.
8. Would you ever want to write a book? What would it be about?
To be honest? Not really. I have a lot of big goals and a writing book just doesn’t make the cut.
9. What’s your greatest fear?
My family dying. What a downer. Also, fires. Like — the scary ones, not the ones in fireplaces or campfires.
10. What was your favorite grade in school and why?
Probably my senior year. I was most myself that year.
11. Twilight or Hunger Games?
You all know the answer to this! HUNGER GAMES!
I won’t bother with 11 questions of my own, especially since just about all bloggers I know have already been tagged with this.
But I will ask you — choose one question from above and answer below!