Happy Leap Day, friends!
Without details (sorry), I can tell you, at 9:42 in the morning, that today has already been a very strange, very disorienting day. Is that a Leap Day thing?
Well, no, I guess not. Not according to Google or Wikipedia. I guess that means I’m special. Right? Sure.
Anyway, yesterday was kind of an “off” day as a WIAW. I’m still feeling weird since my food poisoning debacle this weekend, so I waver between still feeling a little nauseated and not eating much and then being starving. I’m also sticking with very carb-based meals.
No work out yesterday for this very reason.
Breakfast: 2 pieces of whole wheat toast with peanut butter and a sliced banana.
Lunch: Tortellini Soup with a toasted English muffin & butter.
Snack: unpictured pretzels & a string cheese.
Later, two unpictured IPAs. Regretted.
Late Dinner: Green Giant Healthy Weight frozen veggie/ black bean mix with shredded parmesan.
I wasn’t actually hungry, but felt it was probably a wise choice after consuming two beers on a nearly empty stomach.
- “You can figure out which year will be a leap year by dividing the year by 4. If it comes out evenly, it’s a leap year.”
- “Traditionally, Leap day is the one day that women can propose to men.”
- “The chances of being born on a Leap Year are 1 in 1,461.”
- “Salaried employees are working for free this February 29 since paychecks are based on a 365-day year.”
- “February 29 is not recognized by some computer services and software programs that power everything from banking to life insurance.”
And, just for fun:
Do you know any other fun facts about Leap Day? Has anything weird happened to you today? Share!