Good lord, did this day get away from me. How is it 5:30PM? How??
Anyway. I was going to call this “I’m Sick Soup,” but then I didn’t want to make anybody think that the soup was what made me sick.
And it’s definitely a good thing I’m not calling this “Food Poisoning Soup,” right?
To be clear, the soup didn’t give me food poisoning. A stupid, awful, frozen meal that I left out for way too long did.
This soup is what made me feel better.
But… let’s stop talking about food poisoning in a recipe post, shall we?
Anyway, this soup is great. It’s easy. It’s literally “dump it all in a pot” easy. My favorite kind of recipe these days.
And I got all of the ingredients at Target because I simply didn’t have it in me to go grocery shopping anywhere else.
makes 4-6 servings
- 2 16-oz cans vegetable broth
- 1 26-oz can condensed tomato soup
- 1 26-oz can-full of water
- 1 package Buitoni (or whatever) whole wheat tortellini
- 1 can white kidney beans
- 3 cups frozen mixed vegetable (I used peas/ carrots/ green beans)
- 2 cups frozen chopped spinach
- 2 tsp Italian spice blend (parsley/ rosemary/ thyme)
- 3/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan/ romano cheese (plus more to top with)
Bring vegetable broth, condensed tomato soup and water to a boil.
Add tortellini, mixed vegetables, spinach, Italian spice blend and garlic powder and cook for 8-11 minutes over high heat (until tortellini is cooked through).
Add cheese and cook for another minute or so more.
Serve, topped with a little more cheese if you know what’s good for you. 😉
Almost as easy from soup from a can — just a little fresher!