Happy New Year’s, friends! I hope you all had a wonderful night last night, ringing in the New Year.
As the time tends to dictate, I’ve come up with a few New Year’s Resolutions. I am actually not all that big on New Year’s Resolutions, but this year, it just feels right — especially after my 2011 Reflections. I have a few things that I really want to work on this year, and I feel that 2012 is going to be a good year for me.
1. I want to totally and completely heal my knee. Please, oh, please, let this be attainable.
2. I want to lose all of the weight I’ve gained in the past year and a half.
3. I want to get back to feeling toned, strong and fit.
4. I want to really focus on eating clean. Fruits and vegetables are not only good for me, but truly are favorite foods and do make me feel better than chocolate and Goldfish do. Why have I forgotten that so much in the past year?
5. Career-wise, I just want to keep going the way I’m going: work hard, stay driven and motivated, and do the very best I can to be the very best I can be. Well, and land a job. The one I’m in has an end date, but the point of the one I’m in is to meet the right people and show them what I’m made of so that they’ll want to hire me. So, yea. Keep doing what I’m doing.
6. I want to be more consistent about taking my vitamins. I don’t think they really count if I only remember every other week.
7. I want to cut back on drinking — at least for a little while. It’s hardly been out of control, but alcohol does nothing good for the waistline.
8. I want to drink more water. Different kind of drinking. I think I made this a resolution last year but did not do a very good job.
9. I know this seems like such a little thing, but it’s something I’ve really been thinking about lately: I’d like to work on my posture.
10. I want to figure out a consistent blogging schedule that I’ll be able to manage. Better for me and for you!
11. Is it too much to hope for that I want to find a decent boy to date?
I think all of these are attainable. I worry that #1 will be somewhat out of my control and I know that #11 is something that I certainly can’t force. I do, however, think #2-#10 are not only completely attainable, but are really smart, healthy and simple goals.
Overall, I think my New Year’s Resolution is this:
Be this girl again:
…but with a better job (than I had when I took that photo, I mean) and better posture. 🙂
What are your New Year’s Resolutions for 2012?